Suggested Reading Lists
Treasure Valley Classical Academy Suggested Reading List
• We intentionally do not recommend books that are already in the school curriculum.
• Lexile levels are provided for K-2nd grade. A Lexile number is a numeric representation of a student’s approximate reading ability.
• Please consider book length as well as a child’s interest. We would like students to become confident and joyful readers.
• Consider purchasing the reference guide entitled Books Children Love by Elizabeth Wilson for more classic, content-rich children’s literature.
• We strongly encourage parents to regularly read aloud to their children books that are 1-2 grade levels above their current grade level
Kindergarten – 6th Grade List